WeatherBug Backyard Community
The Official WeatherBug Community
Discuss the weather in the state of Michigan!
Latest Activity: Mar 17
This group does not have any discussions yet.
Feeling sorry for the rest of the nation facing the wrath of this latest winter storm, Titan, but can't help but be thankful if any part of it manages to miss us here in Michigan. We've had more - much more - than our share this time around :<(
This one should miss us thank Heavens! We don't need more snow!
Yet another Winter Weather Advisory in effect. This one from 4am Thursday, 2/20 through 7pm Friday, 2/21. Snow, Sleet, Rain, Freezing Rain - Ice could accumulate to 1/4" - fog, wind...this one gives us a buffet of misery to expect. This is the winter that will not quit!
. . . and another 5-7 predicted for today.
PSalvatore - that's an awesome website. Well done!
We have been busy launching a new weather web site – www.lakecityweather.org
Data comes from our personal weather station and national sources.
A Wind Chill Advisory has been issued for the counties on the image highlighted in WHITE until 10am Sunday.
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect for our western counties in blue until 4pm today.
The Wind Chill Advisory means fast winds combined with bitter cold will lead to dangerous wind chills as low as 25 degrees Below Zero.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST SATURDAY...
* WIND CHILLS WILL DROP DOWN AS LOW AS AROUND 20 BELOW THIS MORNING.
* WINDS WILL INCREASE THIS MORNING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON BEFORE DIMINISHING SOME. GUSTS OVER 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED TODAY WITH HIGHER GUSTS ALONG THE IMMEDIATE LAKESHORE.
* SNOW WILL DEVELOP NORTH OF GRAND HAVEN THIS MORNING...AND THEN SPREAD SOUTH THIS AFTERNOON. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS THROUGH TONIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 4 TO 8 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WHERE HEAVIER BANDS SET UP.
* BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS MORNING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THIS EVENING.
* TIME TO FROSTBITE FROM EXPOSURE THIS MORNING WILL BECOME LESS THAN 30 MINUTES.
* TRAVEL WILL BECOME DANGEROUS THROUGH THE DAY TODAY. WHITE OUT CONDITIONS WITH LITTLE TO NO VISIBILITY ARE EXPECTED.
* BLOWING SNOW WILL COVER TREATED ROADS...ESPECIALLY NORTH TO SOUTH ROADS IN OPEN AREAS.
* ROADS WILL REMAIN SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT AND BEYOND.
* THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION REMINDS MOTORISTS TO ADJUST SPEEDS BASED ON THE CONDITIONS... AND TO TAKE IT SLOW IN ICE AND SNOW.
Sunday Jan 19th 8:59 AM Currently the Mackinac Bridge is experiencing winds of sufficient force in the Straits area to require an escort of certain "high profile" vehicles across the Mackinac Bridge. High profile vehicles include pickup trucks with campers; cars with small boats, bicycles or luggage attached to the roof; Ryder or U-Haul trucks; any vehicle pulling a boat; semi-tractors with enclosed trailers and all trailers with side walls over two feet in height.
Motorists are asked to reduce their speed to 20 miles per hour as they approach the bridge and be prepared to stop. Bridge personnel are stationed at both ends of the structure to provide instructions regarding how and when to proceed across the bridge.
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN..DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT (JAN 19, 2014)SNOW SHOWERS SHOWERS ARE LIKELY TONIGHT AS A COLD FRONT SWEEPS THROUGH THE REGION. ACCUMULATIONS OF A TRACE TO 2 INCHES ARE EXPECTED...WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS NORTH OF I-69..DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAYWIND CHILL READINGS OF 10 TO 20 DEGREES BELOW ZERO ARE POSSIBLE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING AS ANOTHER SURGE OF ARCTIC AIR INFILTRATES THE REGION.
Welcome toWeatherBug Backyard Community
Sign Upor Sign In
© 2014 Created by WeatherBug.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.