The Official WeatherBug Community
The 2012 spring allergy season came early and hit hard. If you have seasonal allergies then you know what I’m talking about and have probably been suffering. The best thing you could do to combat allergies is to get allergy shots but if shots aren’t your thing then try these 5 simple ways to limit your pollen exposure.
1. 1. Don’t use your kitchen fan because it pulls in the pollen from outside. Also do not hang out clothes to dry outside because they will be like a huge magnet to the pollen.
2. 2. Don’t uses the re-circulate setting on your air conditioner. This will just blow the pollen that’s already in your home around for days.
3. 3. Wear a hat and sunglasses when going outside. Pollen enters the body through your eyes, ears, nose and mouth. Wearing a hat and sunglasses will limit the amount of pollen you bring into your house and you’ll be the coolest person on your block. (maybe)
4. 4. Wash your hands and face when coming in from being outside. Pollen spores are very small and even though you don’t see them, they are still there. It also wouldn’t be a bad idea to wash your hair before bed so that you don’t spread the pollen onto your couch and bed pillows.
5. 5. Wash your pets frequently. Just like human hair acts like a magnet to pollen, your pet’s fur is even worse. Your pet is closer to the ground and pollen attaches to their fur much easier.
I’ve had allergies all my life and every year I take a daily allergy pill and follow some of the tips above to minimize the effects of pollen. If you’d like to learn more about treating allergies, you can find that at www.ctweathergeeks.com